A Letter From The Owners
In 2007, we discovered an enchanting 130-acre property in Woodland, Utah that had held a producing dairy farm some forty years before. All that remained on the property was an old open-air hay structure and a broken-down milk barn. Wanting to honor the land’s previous use, we decided to create an artisan cheese-making facility, using the milk from our own cows.
Not wanting to tear down any existing structures, we completely renovated the milk barn; and converted the open-air hay structure into an enclosed hay barn and stable, a place where the cows could come in out of the cold during the winter.
We then built a large barn from the ground up. It’s only a few years old, but looks like it’s been around forever. The cheese-making facility is located on the bottom level, along with a tasting room and demonstration kitchen.
Our Own Brown Swiss Cows
All of our cheeses, soaps and lotions are made using the milk and cream from our own Brown Swiss Cows, a cow specifically chosen for the buttery richness of their milk. It’s the milk from our cows that makes our cheeses taste so delicious!
Gold Creek Farms Sustainability Practices
- Grow our own alfalfa and fertilize with our cows’ manure
- Use only our own cows’ milk
- Our cows are hormone free
- Our cows are treated with antibiotics only when they are sick, and we do not use the milk from any cows while they are being treated.
- We keep our production small as we are committed to local consumers
We’re proud of our cheese, and hope you enjoy it.
From Our Farm to Your Table, Enjoy!
ALAN & DEBBIE GOLD